Member of Parliament from Shemakha – Third Year
Between December 1, 2012 and December 31, 2013, various types of letters, appeals and complaints, as well as 134 written requests from voters were received by Elkhan Suleymanov. Out of them, 12 were related to social problems, 46 to economic problems, 76 to other problems, including requests for financial aid.
In addition, the voters made 82 oral requests, out of which 21 were related to social problems, 15 to economic problems, 46 to other problems.
All the appeals were thoroughly studied, and relevant measures were taken regarding each of them. Requests regarding 26 appeals were made to relevant
authorities; 2 of them were about to be implemented, while the remaining 16 are at relevant bodies, and no answer has been received yet. 115 petitions were considered irrelevant and the appeals were given proper explanation.
Meetings with voters
Over the past period 26 meetings with the voters from Shamakhi, as well as 30 press conferences and briefings were held, proposals and problems of voters were heard, charity events were organized. Moreover
– On December 29, 2012, meetings were held with Shamakhi voters on the occasion of the New Year, all children (1,150 children in total) in Shamakhi kindergartens were given New Year gifts;
– On January 10, 2013, a media briefing took palce, 15 journalists were congratulated on the occasion of the New Year, a meeting with voters was held following the briefing;
– Financial assistance was provided to Shamakhi resident Vasila Panahova for medical treatment of her child;
– The annual tuition fee of Shamakhi resident Gulgun Hashimova, who is the 2nd year student of Baku State University, was paid;
– Monthly scholarship was allocated for Zohra Mammadova, student of Shamakhi Humanities College;
– On January 24, 2013, the official presentation of the book «15 buildings by 5 Polish architects” was held;
– On February 3, 2013, a press conference was held in regard to the results of the visit to Poland;
– On February 15, 2013, the official ceremony of the book ”Member of the Parliament from Shamakhi – 2 years” took place;
– On March 7, 2013, a meeting with mothers with many children was held, 160 Mother Heroines were congratulated with presents on the occasion of the International Women’s Day;
– On March 12, 2013, the book ”Shamakhi as a target of Red Terror: Repressions of the 1930s -1940s” was officially presented;
– On March 16, 2013, 70 Karabakh martyr families, scholarshipholders` families and 300 families in the village of Gizmeydan, Shamakhi were delivered holiday presents on the occasion of Novruz holiday;
– On March 28, 2013, meetings with voters took place in the villages of Gushchu, Melikchobanli, Baghirli, Marzandiyya and in the settlement of Sabir,
– On March 29, 2013, the presentation of the book ”The Armenian vandalism against the Azerbaijanis:Shamakhi genocide in 1918” took place;
– On March 30, 2013, a meeting with the voters was organized at the MP office in Shamakhi;
– On May 8, 2013, holiday gifts were presented to the Great Patriotic War veterans in the meeting with them;
– On May 15, 2013, a meeting with the voters was organized at the MP office in Shamakhi;
– On May 21, 2013, awards were presented to the participants of the final stage of the 3rd recitation competition”Sabir – 150”;
– On May 23, 2013, the annual conference of the Parliamentary Network of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund was arranged in the Gulustan Palace, Baku;
– On May 25, 2013, an event was held to mark the start of the project ”Sarsang – preventing the humanitarian catastrophe”;
– On July 20, 2013, a meeting was held with the Baghirli residents on the occasion of opening the Sabir spring in the village;
– On July 23, 2013, an iftar supper was organized on the occasion of Ramadan in the settlement of Sabir;
– On July 29, 2013, an iftar supper was organized on the occasion of Ramadan in the village of Malham;
– On July 29, 2013, an iftar supper was organized on the occasion of Ramadan in the village of Muganli;
– On August 6, 2013, an iftar supper was organized on the occasion of Ramadan in the city of Shamakhi;
– During in the July of 2013, under charity measures the ablution room of Jabany village mosque was renovated, sound amplifiers were presented to the
mosques in the village of Jabany and in the settlement of Sabir, two doors and stairs of Malham village school were repaired;
– On September 7, 2013, the international conference ”SOS Sarsang” was held within the framework of the project ”Sarsang – preventing the humanitarian
– On September 9, 2013, a meeting with the pupils and students with high scores was held at the MP office in Shamakhi and they were presented gifts;
– On September 16, 2013, gifts were presented to teachers and pupils of the schools in the villages of Avakhil, Marzandiyya, Malham, Engekharan and in the settlement Yusif Mammadaliyev in Shamakhi on the occasion of the start of the new academic y ear;
– On October 4, 2013, the presentation of the photo- album ”Sketches on Baku” and the book ”Historical Azerbaijani states” took place;
– On October 15-16, 2013, gifts were presented to the families of martyrs, to the families of disabled Karabakh veterans, the families of pupils and students
with hish achievements, to the families of Shamakhi students (52 people in total), who receive scholarship from Elkhan Suleymanov, on the occasion
of Gurban Bayram (Eid al-Adha);
– Throughout the year, the winners (a total of 19 persons) of the Sabir recitation contest were congratulated on the occasion of their birthdays;
– In September 2013, one-year tuition fee was paid to Shamakhi resident Agil Eyyubov, who studies in Turkey;
– In total, 52 pupils and students in Shamakhi district are given monthly scholarships by Elkhan Suleymanov. Moreover, each of 31 winners of the Sabir
recitation contest receives 50 manats monthly, while each of 19 students, who have scored more than 600 points, between 2010 and 2013 is paid 100 manat
– Furthermore, the Shamakhi residents Jalal Karimov and Jeyhun Isgenderov, who study in Germany and Switzerland respectively are also holders of monthly scholarships; Elkhan Suleymanov`s assistants received 76 voters and considered their appeals.
Domestic and international activities
Along with his activities in Shamakhi district, MP Elkhan Suleymanov successfully carries out international activities as a member of the Azerbaijani delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, head of the Azerbaijani delegation to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly, deputy chairman of the Parliamentary Assembly and Bureau member, head of the Azerbaijani-Belgian working group on inter-parliamentary relations. On his direct initiatives, support and organization, numerous projects and various
events were held both in Azerbaijan and other countries. These projects and events include:
– Under the idea and support of MP Elkhan Suleymanov, the book ”Shamakhi as a target of Red Terror:
Repressions of the 1930-1940s” was printed and presented at the beginning of January. The book consists of the foreword written by E.Suleymanov, the chapters titled ”Takla tragedy” (I), ”Court proceeding in Shamakhi in the October 1937” (II), ”Shamakhi victims of repression” (III). One of the interesting features of this work co-authored by MP Elkhan Suleymanov, PhD in history M.Zulfugarli and PhD in history D.Musayev is to show the reasons why the Azerbaijanis fell victims of repressions more than other nations during the Communist regime. It also provides information about the officials who carried out the repressions in Shamakhi then. The book is the first comprehensive research work dealing with the repressions that took place in Shamakhi in the 1930s. The oral history, memories of eyewitnesses in addition to the written sources were also used in preparing the book. The authors had an access to a wide range of documents stored in the archives of the Ministry of National Security and related to the criminal cases. This book is a very important source about the horrors of the repression period and for bringing up the
young generation in patriotic and national spirit.
– On January 14, in response to the information on the inauguration of Khankendi (Khojali) airport by the separatist regime of Nagorno-Karabakh, the head of the Azerbaijani delegation to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly MP Elkhan Suleymanov made a statement. The statement says that the sky over Nagorno-Karabakh is an integral part of the air space of Azerbaijan and the 1944 Chicago Convention on Civil Aviation would have been violated had the occupation regime carried out civil aviation flights using the air space over Nagorno-Karabakh: ”Flights in this air space can be carried out only with the consent of the State Civil Aviation Administration of Azerbaijan, and no other organization has authority to allow using this air space. In this respect, no international organization can issue a license to the occupation regime for using the Khankendi (Khojali) airport. The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC) must clearly demonstrate their position on this issue.
– At the initiative of MP Elkhan Suleymanov, the January 20 martyrs were commemorated with respect as every year. On the occasion of the 23rd anniversary of the bloody events, Elkhan Suleymanov`s authorized representative Dayanat Musayev together with a few Shamakhi intelligentsia visited the relatives of Vidadi Mammadov and Aganazar Israilov, who perished for our freedom and independence. Condolences and offerings were delivered to their families and relatives on behalf of Elkhan Suleymanov.
– On January 21, discussions on Azerbaijan were held at PACE winter session, and the 4-year progress report on the implementation of the commitments Azerbaijan had taken to the Council of Europe was adopted. Made by Elkhan Suleymanov at the meeting of the Monitoring Committee, two proposals on
Armenia`s occupaton of the Azerbaijani lands through military aggression and finding a compromise between the government and organizers of protests were also adopted by the Assembly. Prepared by corapporteurs Joseph Debono Grech and Pedro Agramunt on behalf of the PACE Monitoring Committee, the report on Azerbaijan`s commitments to the Council of Europe and prepared by rapporteur Christopher Strasser on behalf of the Committee on Legal Affairs and Human Rights, the report on the situation of political prisoners in Azerbaijan were presented at the plenary session of the Assembly. Both documents were discussed together, and nearly 60 parliamentarians spoke about the reports. The main discussions were conducted on the second report. The report on implementing the commitments was adopted after voting, while the second report on political prisoners in Azerbaijan was not adopted at the plenary session of the Assembly. It can be considered another success of the Azerbaijani delegation, as investigating the issue of political prisoners only in Azerbaijan among 47 member-countries of the Council of Europe demonstrated double standards towards our country.
– On January 24, on the initiative of MP Elkhan Suleymanov, a new book was printed on the eve of the visit of the Azerbaijani delegation to Poland from
January 30 to February 3. The book-album ”15 buildings by 5 Polish architects” prepared by the personal web-site of Elkhan Suleymanov is in Azerbaijani, Polish and English. The books tells about the magnificent buildings constructed by renowned Polish architects – Józef Gosławski, Kazimierz Skórewicz, Eugene Skibinski, Józef Płoszko, Konstantin Borisoglebski in 1893-1913 in Baku. The project was carried out under the supervision of Elkhan Suleymanov, while Fuad Babayev was in charge of printing. The book containts photos by Elchin T. Aliyev, Farid Khayrullin, Mirnaib Hasanoglu and Polad Asadov.
– In January, MP Elkhan Suleymanov`s personal website printed another book in 3 languages. Published in Azerbaijani, Polish and English, the book ”The Magic Building in the Former Persidskaya Street and its Author from Shamakhi” is dedicated to the Shamakhi-born architect of Polish origin Eugene Skibinski and the building he constructed in Baku in 1899. The idea of the publication belongs to Elkhan Suleymanov. The author of the text and design is Fuad Babayev. The book-album includes the photos by Elchin T. Aliyev and Farid Khayrullin.
– On January 29 – October 3, 2013, on the initiative of the head of the Azerbaijani delegation to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly, MP Elkhan Suleymanov, the Azerbaijani delegation was on a visit to Poland. On the first day of the visit the delegation had an official meeting with the Polish deputy minister of Foreign Affairs Ms. Beata Stelmach. Minister of Education Misir Mardanov, Minister of Industry and Energy Natig Aliyev, rector of Baku State University Abel Maharramov, rector of Azerbaijan University of Languages Samed Seyidov, head of administration of Shamakhi district Asif Mammadov and other officials also took part in the meeting. A number of issues, including the further development of relations between Azerbaijan and Poland, Azerbaijan`s integration into the West, Poland`s support to the development of relations between the EU and Azerbaijan, Europe’s energy security were discussed. The other meetings of the delegation took place at the Strategic Training Institute in Krakow, Krakow University of Economics, the Jagiellonian University. At the end of meetings, protocols on cooperation were signed between Baku State University and Krakow University of Economics and the Jagiellonian University. The delegation had important meetings also in Warsaw.
Issues of mutual cooperation were discussed in the meeting with the members of the Polish Sejm. Elkhan Suleymanov noted that the relations between Azerbaijan and Poland started in the 14th century, the works by Nasimi, Khagani, Seyid Azim Shirvani were translated into Polish. He also presented the book ”The Magic Building in the Former Persidskaya Street and its Author from Shamakhi” dedicated to the Shamakhi-born architect of Polish origin Eugene Skibinski and the building he constructed in Baku and the book-album ”15 Buildings by 5 Polish Architects” devoted to the activities of the Polish architects in Azerbaijan at the end of the nineteenth century – the beginning of the twentieth century. On the fourth day, the delegation had meetings in Łódź Voivodeship. The protocol of intent on making Shamakhi and Konstantynów Łódzki twin cities was signed at the end of the meeting.
– The members of the delegation who visited Poland held a press conference on February 4, 2013. Speaking about the visit, the head of the delegation MP Elkhan Suleymanov called it productive by noting 9 meetings and 10 agreements arranged during the visit. At the press conference, the minister of Industry and Energy, head of the Azerbaijani-Polish intergovernmental commission Natig Aliyev, Minister of Education Misir Mardanov, rector of Baku State University Abel Maharramov, members of the parliament Fazil Mustafa, Gulchohra Mammadova, Samed Seyidov, Gudrat Hasanguliyev, Faraj Guliyev spoke about their impressions about the visit. The event was also attended by the Polish Ambassador to Azerbaijan Michael Labenda.
– On February 18, 2013, the PACE member Elkhan Suleymanov made a statement in connection with the presidential elections in Armenia. The statement protests
against the election of the person who has committed serious crimes against the innocent civilians and considers the elections illegitimate. The fact aggravating the situation is that Serzh Sargsyan, the former commander of the Armenian armed forces who massacred the innocent civilians in Khojali on February 26, 1992, was elected president. Taking these facts into consideration, Elkhan Suleymanov called on the international community and election observation missions to consider the presidential elections in Armenia illegitimate. He further demanded the European Union to refuse to sign the Association Agreement with Armenia until the occupied territories of Azerbaijan are liberated, the current situation be discussed in OSCE, PACE, European Parliament and other international organizations.
– On March 20, at the Paris Office of the Council of Europe (CoE), the next meeting of the Monitoring Committee of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe Office in Paris (PACE) took place on the eve of spring session. The Committee members discussed the positive dialogue with Turkey, monitoring towards Hungary, issues related to Azerbaijan, Russia and Armenia. In his speech in the discussion of the Azerbaijan-related issue, Elkhan Suleymanov voiced strong accusations against Armenia. He protested evaluating the elections in Armenia, recognizing legitimate the election of the person, who has committed crime against humanity, and demanded this matter be discussed in the spring session of PACE. The committee members from the Armenian delegation and several pro-Armenian members did not let E.Suleymanov finish his speech full of strict accusations. In protest, the Azerbaijani members left the meeting hall.
– On March 28, 2013, two meetings were held in Shamakhi villages of Gushchu and Malikchobanli. The meeting in Gushchu was attended by MP Elkhan Suleymanov`s authorized representative Dayanat Musayev, PhD in history Muharram Zulfugarli, Executive Director of Free Speech Protection Foundation Vugar Tofigli and others. The participants spoke about the books published with the support of Elkhan Suleymanov and exchanged views on the current problems of local people. The meeting was held in the village school. During the meeting, teachers Eminali Mammadov, Karim Gulaliyev, Avaz Karimov, Agamirza Hasanov and others expressed their gratitude to Elkhan Suleymanov for the construction of potable water lines to villages, for his support and assistance to young people`s education. Later the guests were informed about the exiting problems. The meeting in Malikchobanli was attended by MP Elkhan Suleymanov`s authorized representative Dayanat Musayev, Gafarli, lawyer Arzukhan Ali-zade and others. The participants spoke about the books published with the support of Elkhan Suleymanov and exchanged views on the current problems of local people. The meeting took place in the house of culture of the village. Addressing the meeting, Sanan Abdullayev, Nagi Nuriyev, local akhund Bedirkhan Agayev and others thanked Elkhan Suleymanov for his support to the martyrs` families, Mothers Heroines, orphans on every holiday.
– On March 29, a scientific – practical conference ”The Armenian Vandalism against the Azerbaijanis: Shamakhi genocide in 1918” took place in Shamakhi.
The conference was organized by the Administration of Shamahi district and the Association for Civil Society Development in Azerbaijan, on the initiative of the President of the Association, MP Elkhan Suleymanov. In his speech at the conference, head of the district administration Asif Agayev spoke about the Shamakhi genocide. Vice-president of the Association for Civil Society Development in Azerbaijan Veli Alibeyli, PhD in history, associate-professor Muharram Zulfugarli, associate-professor of the University of Culture and Arts, PhD Minakhanim Asadli presented their reports at the conference. At the end of the conference, the participants were distributed books and CDs prepared by the Association on the genocide committed by the Armenians against the Azerbaijanis.
– In protest of the decision of the Board of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) at the meeting in Armenia on April 4-5 on securing the representation for non-governmental organizations of breakaway regions (Nagorno-Karabakh, Abkhazia, North Ossetia and Transnistria) at the fifth annual meeting of CSF in Moldova and on starting discussions for allocating 10 seats for those NGOs under the title Eastern Partnership regions, the head of the Azerbaijani delegation to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly sent a letter of protest to the Euronest leadership on March 29, 2013. In his letter, E.Suleymanov states that the attempts of entering the phrase ”Eastern Partnership Region” into political circulation are provocative and can cause severe consequences. ”By protesting the decision of the Board of the EaP CSF,
especially calling Nagorno-Karabakh an ”Eastern Partnership Region”, we stated that Nagorno-Karabakh and the surrounding regions occupied by Armenia
are an integral part of Azerbaijan under international law.”
– On May 2, 2013, MP Elkhan Suleymanov addressed 9 questions to the President of the European Parliament Martin Schulz, to the European Commission¸ to the foreign ministers of the member-countries of the European Union, to the co-presidents of the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly Kristian Vigenin and Boris Tarasyuk, to all the members of the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly in connection with the elections in Armenia.
– On May 4, the book competition dedicated by the Azerbaijan Publishers Union to the 90th anniversary of the national leader of Azerbaijan Heydar Aliyev was completed. According to the results of the competition, the book ”20 Sketches on Baku” published by the Association for Civil Society Development in Azerbaijan was awarded the first place. The idea of the book belonged to the President of the Association, MP Elkhan Suleymanov. The book ”Historical Azerbaijani States” (Baku, 2012) published by Heydar Aliyev Heritage Research Center (www.aliyevheritage.org) was awarded a special diploma of the competition. The book was printed in CBS Polygraph Production printing house. The ideas on both of the books were put forward by MP Elkhan Suleymanov, President of the Association for Civil Society Development in Azerbaijan, head of the Azerbaijani delegation to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly, member of the Azerbaijani delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.
– On May 16, 2013, at the invitation of the chairman of the Foreign Policy Committee of the Slovenian Parliament Janja Klasinc, the Azerbaijani delegation to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly, including the chairman Elkhan Suleymanov, members Fazil Mustafa, Gudrat Hasanguliyev, Jeyhun Osmanli, Minister of Industry and Energy of the Republic of Azerbaijan Natig Aliyev paid a visit to Slovenia. On the first day of the visit, the delegation visited the grave of the Hero of the Soviet Union Mehdi Huseyn-zade in the village of Cepovan. During the visit, the delegation met the members of the Foreign Policy Committee and the Committee on EU issues of the Slovenian parliament. At the meeting with the chairman of the Slovenian parliament Janko Veber, the sides discussed the historical relations and prospects of cooperation between the two countries. The Azerbaijani delegation was also received by the prime minister of the Republic of Slovenia Alenka Bratušek. At the meeting and the press conference, the elegation informed about the occupation of 20% of our territory, including Nagorno-Karabakh and adjacent territories by Armenia as the biggest problem of Azerbaijan. In order to disrupt the visit of our delegation to Slovenia, chairman of the Armenian delegation to the Euronest PA Zakaryan officially requested the Slovenian parliament to stop the event. Yet the request did not have any effect on the successful activities and delivering
Azerbaijan`s fair position in Slovenia.
– On May 20, 2013, the third Sabir recitation contest initiated by the President of the Association for Civil Society Development in Azerbaijan (ASCDA), MP Elkhan Suleymanov and organized by the Free Speech Protection Foundation and ASCDA ended. The presentation ceremony and exhibition regarding
the contest took place in the Palace of Culture in Shamakhi. In his speech, chairman of Foundation Musa Yagub noted that 193 people participated in the final round of the contest`s third edition. According to him, 29 persons receive Sabir scholarship, 2 person Seyid Azim Shirvani scholarship monthly Elkhan Suleymanov`s initiative. In his turn, Elkhan Suleymanov stated that Shamakhi had been the birthplace of many icons of the Azerbaijani culture, including Sabir. Stating that a broader presentation with the winners of all the editions will be organized in Baku, he presented diplomas and money rewards to 12 winners. The contest is aimed at popularizing Sabir among the youth, supporting his works in educational process, motivating active pupils and students.
– On 21 May 2013, the 10th annual conference of the Parliamentary Network of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund was organized on the initiative and support of Elkhan Suleymanov. The video-addresses of CEO of the IMF Christine Lagarde and President of the World Bank Jim Yong Kim were presented at the opening ceremony. President of the Parliamentary Network Alain Destexhe informed that the event was attended by 250 visitors from 75 countries. According to APA, the event was reported by foreign mass media, including Wall Street Journal, Marketwatch, Boston Globe, Business Journal, Yahoo!, Deutsche Presse Agentur, Austria Presse Agentur, Finanz Nachrichten.
– In May, the Association for Civil Society Development in Azerbaijan chaired by Elkhan Suleymanov declared the start of the project ”Sarsang – Prevention
of the Humanitarian Catastrophe”. Vice-president of the Association Vali Alibayov gave information on the project and said that 4 water reservoirs are available in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan. Armenia`s funds are not sufficient to repair those reservoirs. It was also informed that international conferences featuring experts from international organizations in Baku and Brussels are planned within the framework of the project.
– On May 25, 2013, a meeting of the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly took place in the Azerbaijani parliament MP Elkhan Suleymanov made an interesting statement there. According to him, there is anemergency situation in Sarsang water reservoir (previously in Agdara, presently in Tartar) due to the Armenian occupation: ”Any accident in this reservoir may ravage 7 unoccupied districts of Azerbaijan and affect 400,000 people.”
– On June 10, an international conference ”Azerbaijan`s Geopolitics and Energy Security in Europe” organized by the Industrie Magazin Verlag took place in Vienna, Austria. The moderators of the conference were the former Austrian Chancellor Alfred Gusenbauer and the head of the Azerbaijani delegation to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly Elkhan Suleymanov. The delegation participating
in the conference included minister of Industry and Energy Natig Aliyev, members of the parliament Gudrat Hasanguliyev and Fazil Mustafa. The event was attended by the Israeli ambassador to Austria Aviv Shir-On, the former trade and industry minister of Italy, President of Farefuture Fund Adolfo Urso, members of the parliament, ambassadors, employees of scientific community and institutions, students, representatives of big companies and leading media. The participants exchanged views on Azerbaijan as a reliable supplier of oil and gas and a stable ally of the West in the unstable Southern Caucasus, spoke about the energy, economy, relations with the EU, religious tolerance and intercultural dialogue. Broad discussions were conducted on Nagorno-Karabakh problem that threatens the stability in the region and its consequences. In his speech at the conference, Elkhan Suleymanov informed that after regaining its independence 22 years ago, Azerbaijan declared building a civil, democratic, legal state based on the market economy, as well as integrating into Europe as the priorities of domestic and foreign policy. He noted that Azerbaijan faced the military aggression of Armenia in the early years of independence. Nagorno-Karabakh region and 7 surrounding districts were occupied, while a million of Azerbaijanis have become refugees and internally displaced persons as a result of the aggression. E.Suleymanov also called on the politicians and media representatives participating in the conference to assist Azerbaijan in informing the international community to prevent a humanitarian crisis that may arise because of an accident in the water reservoir and alarming the international organizations to take emergency measures.
– On June 20, 2013, a ceremony dedicated to Sabir recitation contests in 2011-2013 took place in Rashid Behbudov Song Theatre. In his speech, Elkhan Suleymanov stated that Shamakhi was the birthplace of many icons of the Azerbaijani culture, including Sabir. At the end of the event, the winners presented their performances.
– In July 2013, the article ”Azerbaijan defends commitment to defending human rights” by the head of the Azerbaijani delegation to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly, MP Elkhan Suleymanov was included in foreign media. The article is reported to be posted on 332 online websites in English, German, French.
– At the invitation of the head of the Azerbaijani delegation to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly, MP Elkhan Suleymanov, a delegation consisting of the members of the European Parliament was on a visit to Azerbaijan on July 8-9, 2013. The delegation included Mario David (Portugal), Ms. Rachida Dati (France), Filip Kaczmarek (Poland), Ms. Elena Antonesku (Romania), as well as the former MP Jorge Morgado (Portugal). The delegation was accompanied by the member of the Belgian federal parliament Alain Destexhe. The delegation got acquainted with the conditions of IDPs in the settlement of Mushfigabad and had a helicopter tour to an IDP settlement in Aghdam.
– On September 2, a draft resolution signed by 45 MPs from 18 countries on Sarsang water reservoir occupied by Armenia was considered in the Bureau members of the Council of Europe. In this connection, President of ACSDA, member of PACE Elkhan Suleymanov sent a letter to the President of PACE Claude Mignon, PACE Secretary General Woyciech Sawicki and Bureau members.
– On September 9, 2013, Elkhan Suleymanov met the Shamakhi-based students admitted to the universities with high sores, in his Shamakhi office. Seven
students from Shamahi, who scored over 600 points were awarded with valuable prizes and scholarships. 33 winners of Sabir recitation contests in 2011-2013
and 14 students admitted to universities in 2011-2012 were given monthly scholarships instituted by MP Elkhan Suleymanov.
– On September 9, 2013, an international conference ”SOS Sarsang” organized by ACSDA was held in Tartar within the framework of the project ”Sarsang – Prevention of the Humanitarian Catastrophe”. The event was attended by President of the Association, MP Elkhan Suleymanov, the head of administration
of Tartar Jeyhun Safarov, official of the Ministry of Emergency Situations (MES) Tariel Huseynov, chairman of the Azerbaijani-Finnish inter-parliamentary
friendship group, MP Eoro Lehti, political expert from Russia Sergey Markov, former member of the Greek Parliament Spiridon Kouvelis, former member of the
German Bundestag Hakki Keskin, 10 representatives of foreign media and other officials. E.Suleymanov said that the Association had launched a large-scale project on Sarsang water reservoir. According to him, the Karabakh problem was announced the main direction.
– On October 4, 2013, a new publication of the Association Civil Society Development in Azerbaijan (ACSDA), the photo-album ”Sketches on Baku” was printed. It is an updated and improved version of the photo-album ”20 Sketches on Baku” which was published two years ago. Dedicated to the 20th anniversary
of Azerbaijan`s independence, the publication aroused great interest of readers and visitors and was highly appreciated by professionals. The photoalbum was awarded the main prize of the Book Art competition dedicated by the Azerbaijan Publishers Union to the 90th anniversary of the national leader of Azerbaijan Heydar Aliyev. The photo-album became a rarity, thus, created a necessity for a new version. It delivers the past and present of Baku to readers with photos and concise texts. The publication contains photos by renowned Azerbaijani photographers, as well as foreign photographers, such as Fabrizio Giraldi (Italy), Alexander Belenkiy (Russia), Vitaliy Yevdokimov (Uzbekistan). The idea of the publication belongs to the President of the Association, MP Elkhan Suleymanov, while the head of the creative group is Fuad Babayev.
– On the initiative of the President of the Association, MP Elkhan Suleymanov, the publication of Heydar Aliyev Heritage Research Center ”Historical Azerbaijani States” was printed as a pocket book. Initally published in Azerbaijani, English, Armenian, Georgian, Ukrainian and Moldovan in last, ”Historical Azerbaijani States” was spread among the partakers of the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly session held in Baku.
– The Association for Civil Society Development in Azerbaijan (ACSDA) announced a competition ”Cry of Sarsang” for young artists within the framework of the project aimed at preventing a possible humanitarian disaster in Sarsang water reservoir. Artists aged 18-35 can take part in the competition. The oil paintings should also contain the artists` names, cell
phone numbers, e-mail addresses, as well as the names of the works. The award fund is as following: first place – 1,000 manats, second place – 750 manats,
third place – 500 manats. Five encouraging prizes each worth of 250 manats are also considered for artists. The works will be accepted during the period
of February 1-15, 2014. Further information will be posted on avciya.az. The exhibition will be held in Tartar in February 2014.